Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Yasukuni Shrine

Tokyo -  After all the morning meetings, I took the afternoon to visit this shrine shrouded in controversy.  I took the Tozai line from Toyocho (T14) and got off at Kudashita station (T07).  Upon reaching the T07, directions to the shrine was very simple and I just follow accordingly and reached it without any problem.

Statute of Omura Masujiro
Main Hall of the Yasukuni Shrine
taken from another angle
Yashukan
The museum was opened in 1882.  It is a facility to store and exhibit relics.  The building was repaired and expanded in 2002.   I visited the expanded museum and its exhibits.

zero fighter plane
military train

Walking further outside, there were many statues honouring animals and this one for their one million military horses lost in battle.


Statute of war widow with children
Monument of Dr. Pal
From here, I walked the vast gardens to the pond - Shinchi Teien (Sacred Pond Garden).


a lone Koi


reflections of the pond
I spent the afternoon here and then back to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment