Tuesday, February 11, 2014

# 6 - Strange Korean Food - Puffer fish for dinner

Seoul - To my knowledge this will be my second time having raw poisonous puffer fish.   All restaurants in Korea serving this special dish has to be certified.

Puffer fish in the tank
 This raw puffer fish dish must be carefully prepared to remove the toxic parts and to avoid contaminating the meat, as this fish is lethally poisonous due to the tetrodotoxin.

This restaurant specializes in preparing this raw puffer fish and different dishes of this puffer fish kept coming to our table, from raw puffer fish skin, sashimi puffer fish, puffer fish in soup, etc..

Puffer fish skin (raw)
Raw sashimi puffer fish
Puffer fish sushi
Puffer fish sperm sac
Weird but actually it taste like good quality cheese...I checked the website to find out what was that I am eating because my Korean friends does not want to tell.   I thought it was liver or egg but those are really poisonous and did not look like anything of google search.  So this puffer fish sperm sac matches 100% on google search.   It does taste really good.

Puffer fish soup
By this time, I was really full and this was the last dish with rice to go with this soup.  The soup tasted good and the puffer fish too.



No comments:

Post a Comment