Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Steakhouse - The European restaurant

Melbourne - We went to one of Australia's steak house so named ' The European Restaurant'.   From our Hotel it was a short walk down Bourke Street towards Elizabeth Street till you hit Spring Street; then turn left.

There is nothing European about this restaurant which was oozing all Australian character from the menu, waitress to decor.

The steak I chose was black pepper steak around 250g it was medium well done and it tasted really good.  Lesley had the trout fish char cook and it look char burnt.  For appetizers, I had 1/2 dozen of fresh oysters @ A$4 each - expensive by any standard and it turned out disappointing for being small. I just came back from Tokyo and the Oysters I had was big and so succulent.    A good restaurant would have indicated the origin and type of the Oysters they offered us.

The meal was simple, below expectation and expensive.

Address: 161 Spring Street,   

No comments:

Post a Comment

2 good food choice @ Anchorvale Village Hawker Centre – Next to Farmway LRT

 Singapore - Anchorvale Village Hawker Centre is an interesting addition to the Sengkang food scene, conveniently located on the second floo...