Singapore - What a special way to celebrate Singapore’s 61st birthday!
Thanks to my good friend Edmund, I was fortunate enough to receive two tickets to this year’s National Day Parade (NDP), and I was absolutely overjoyed to be among the thousands of Singaporeans gathered at the National Stadium to celebrate our nation’s birthday.
I was especially happy to have my son Paxton join me for this memorable occasion. There is something very special about experiencing NDP together with family—not just watching the performances, but being part of the atmosphere, the excitement, and the collective pride of Singaporeans coming together.
This year’s celebration felt particularly special as the NDP returned to the National Stadium, bringing the celebrations indoors. In recent years, we have experienced the parade at locations such as the Padang and The Float @ Marina Bay, so being back at the National Stadium created a different atmosphere and brought back a sense of tradition.
Of course, there were a few things we missed. There was no spectacular Red Lions parachute jump, no fighter jets and helicopters roaring across the sky, and no military vehicles rolling past in the usual parade display. These have always been some of the most anticipated moments of NDP.
But what was missing from the traditional parade was made up for by an incredible combination of visual light displays, drones, energetic performances, music, and carefully curated entertainment. The stadium came alive with colour, movement, and energy, creating a truly immersive experience.
As I looked around the stadium and saw Singaporeans of all ages celebrating together, I couldn't help but feel grateful. Singapore may be a small country, but the spirit of its people is anything but small.
Happy 61st Birthday, Singapore! ๐ธ๐ฌ
Majulah Singapura!




No comments:
Post a Comment