Sometimes, you don't need a huge hawker centre with dozens of stalls to find good food. Toa Payoh Vista Market & Food Centre is one of the smallest food centres I have visited, with only around 10 stalls, but I discovered three dishes here that were really delicious and well worth trying.
![]() |
| Kar Sou Hakka Yong Tau Fu |
My first stop was Kar Sou Hakka Yong Tau Fu #01-04, where I ordered the Bee Hoon Yong Tau Fu for $5. This is a traditional-style Hakka yong tau fu, featuring ingredients such as tofu, bitter gourd and brinjal stuffed with minced pork and herbs. The ingredients are deep-fried or braised before being served with a clear, comforting broth.
What I enjoyed was the simplicity of the dish. The stuffed pieces had a nice texture and savoury filling, while the clear broth brought everything together. Served with bee hoon, it made for a satisfying and comforting meal. It is the kind of traditional hawker food that doesn't need complicated presentation to be enjoyable.
![]() |
| Rahmath Cheese Prata |
Next, I headed to Rahmath Cheese Prata #01-08, a stall that has been serving crispy prata for many years. I ordered their cheese prata, and it was a very enjoyable combination. The prata was crispy and golden on the outside, while the melted cheese inside added a rich and savoury flavour.
The crispiness of the prata together with the soft, gooey cheese made every bite satisfying.
Finally, it was time for dessert — and this was something quite different. There is a stall dedicated to selling chendol, and that's pretty much what you will find there. No complicated menu, just one specialty done its own way.
The chendol came with fine shaved ice generously topped with rich gula melaka syrup. The sweetness of the gula melaka worked beautifully with the cold shaved ice, making it a refreshing and satisfying way to end my meal.


.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment