Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Lau Ya Keng Food Court for Lunch - Kway Chap & Banana Fritters

 Kuching - This was recommended by the Grab driver and was not disappointed the Kway (or Kueh) Chap.  Located in the Carpenter Street area, and opposite the temple.  I was here the last trip but did not manage to eat at the food court.  

Kway Chap store

I ordered the special Kway Chap at RM15 - quite a sizeable hot bowl with the Kway Chap already soaked inside.  Unlike in Singapore, the Kway Chap is served separately. 

Delicious Kway Chap

This food court is directly opposite this temple.

Temple

Just outside the temple was a queue forming and was told by the Grab driver that this fried banana (Goreng Pisang) stall is famous.   I ordered 2 for RM1.60. 

Deep fried banana fritters

Stall owner

I asked whether enough time as I was waiting for my Grab driver to come - told him 7 mins, he said enough.  So managed to enough the Banana fritters in the Grab car.  There is a caramelised sugar taste on the coating of the fried banana - tasted good.




No comments:

Post a Comment